A standard grain operation in Australia stores, transports and uses the following Dangerous Substances (Goods).
Examples in these DG Classes are:
- Class 3 – ULP
- Class 6.1 – Paraquat, Chlorpyrifos, Dimethoate (now banned)
- Class 4.3 – Phostoxin fumigant
- Class 8 – Phosphoric Acid, Gramoxone
- Class 9 – Affirm, Associate, Cavalier, Diuron, Ester
There are differing rules for the transport and the storage of Dangerous Goods. There are also licensing requirements for certain quantities and types of containers used for transport and storage.
I provide more detailed assistance to my members and clients.
- Aust Dangerous Goods Code of Practice for Transport
- Dangerous Substances Act 1979.47.UN
- Dangerous Substances FEES – 2017
- Dangerous Substances Regulations – 2017.258.auth
- Dangerous Substances Transport Regulations 2008
- Placard for Storage of Hazardous Chem – QLD
- Transport of DG – Regulations Info Sheet – Safework SA
- Transport of DG – Safework SA Guidebook